The Coronavirus outbreak has been an evolving “status update” in regard to reduced hours, social distancing precautions, new marketing procedures and practice closure communications. From social posts to website pop-ups, if you’ve shut your doors, your patients are most likely aware that you’re temporarily closed.
With this, many Acara clients are wondering: what next?
The team at Acara has worked with our clients to apply many of the following strategies amidst the outbreak. Based on your location and scope of practice, we believe your practice should consider some of the following tactics during this time:
• Product sales through email or over the phone
• Waive Shipping Fees or Offer 10% off Product Sales
• Offer specific hours for “Drive-thru” or “Curbside” Product Pickup – encouraging your clients to keep their skincare and health and wellness routine while at home*
• Extend your already published specials for clients to put a deposit on the special and book their appointment when it is safe and healthy to do so
• “Support Local Businesses” – Special Gift Card offers over the phone
• “Bank Your Botox at our Injectable Day Rate for Future Appointments”
• Virtual Consultations with your providers to plan a post-quarantine treatment regimen
*The local, state, and national regulation of businesses maintaining operations during the COVID-crisis is ever-changing. Before implementing any of the following tactics, please ensure you are operating in compliance. If you are unsure, check with an attorney.
Specific to virtual consultations, on March 17, 2020, the HHS’ Office for Civil Rights announced that it will also waive potential HIPAA penalties in cases of good faith use of telehealth during the nationwide COVID-19 public health emergency.
We still encourage all providers to take the necessary measures to provide telehealth and virtual consultations through HIPPA compliant methods; however, this new provision will allow for agile integrations you may need to employ in order to make virtual calls.
There are numerous well-established telemedicine options available (such as https://doxy.me). The team at Acara has also explored an offering from a leading video conferencing provider, GoToMeeting.com.
o GoToMeeting’s program is HIPPA compliant and offers a cost-effective month to month option for their “Business” package at just $16.00 a month.
o To be connected with a Representative that is dealing directly with Acara Partners’ clients, reach out to our team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more insight and tactics specific to managing your business through the COVID-19 crisis, contact the aesthetic business experts at Acara Partners.