Acara Partners CEO, Francis X. Acunzo provides his 19 top recommendations for your practice this year.
1. Commit to developing a bi-monthly marketing plan.
2. Decide what events you will be attending this year. You should identify at least one major conference per year.
3. Commit to reading one trade publication on a monthly basis, we recommend MedEsthetics Magazine.
4. Have your eyes peeled for new on-trend procedures/services. Stay up to date through conference attendance and trade publications in order to implement at least one new client offering in 2019.
5. Increase your emotional intelligence to become a better leader by reading Emotional Intelligence 2.0.
6. Implement The One Minute Manager technique of supporting your team to reach their full potential: “catch someone doing something right” on a daily basis.
7. Take a look around with a “new set of glasses”. Does your practice need a fresh coat of paint, new carpets or possibly a deep cleaning? Start the year off by giving your physical plant a “face lift”.
8. Check your practice management, CRM and accounting software. Often software licenses fall behind on their updates, if needed bring them up to date with the 2019 version.
9. Implement a membership program or significant type of loyalty program. If you already offer such a program, review it’s success in the past year and make 2019 a time for loyalty enhancements.
10. Conduct timely annual reviews for each staff member.
11. Commit to monthly staff meetings and increase your team’s communication.
12. Identify at least one training per staff member that would benefit your practice and commit to sending them for ongoing education/training.
13. Train your front desk to consistently capture every new lead by asking and documenting the following questions: name, telephone number, e-mail address (cann spam compliant), how did you hear about the practice and procedure/service they are interesting in.
14. Track the rate of conversion from lead capture to consultation booked and make 2019 the year to increase your lead to consult conversion rate.
15. Likewise, track the rate of conversion from consultation to patient booked and make 2019 the year to increase your consult to patient conversion rate.
16. Focus on your numbers! Have your bookkeeper prepare monthly financial statements and review them in detail to ensure your tracking for your best year ever.
17. Plan for your future, if your practice doesn’t offer a retirement program such as a 401K make it a 2019 consideration.
18. Join an organization! The Aesthetic Business Institute is a wealth of Business Intelligence and offers excellent training programs.
19. Beat the competition! Secret shop your competitors in-person and by phone and make sure you’re competitive and your pricing is in line with your position within the marketplace.
Here’s to great success in 2019!