Digital communication and marketing, formerly known simply as Internet marketing, has been a dominant force in our society for well over 10 years. Yet I still run across many medical practices and small businesses that still rely only on the traditional methods of marketing.
I know many of you have heard me say this many times over the past decade, but I need to say it again. The most cost effective tool available to you to grow your business is digital marketing. By utilizing these online strategies, there are endless opportunities as to how you can reach your target audiences. It’s interesting to think that our world has advanced so far in such a short time when it comes to communication and information, and if you haven’t done so already, NOW is the time to optimize your marketing plans and take advantage of digital media.
Let me do a quick comparison to the past to help everyone understand the power of digital media as a marketing tool:
• In the past, we had a company brochure and if we were lucky we would update it every 2 -3 years. Today we have our website and we can update it on a daily basis, with no printing or mailing costs associated.
• In the past, we printed newsletters and sent them four times a year (at most). Today we have blogs and e-newsletters and they can be updated and sent out weekly for a fraction of the cost.
• In the past, we sent direct mail (at a cost of thousands of dollars) once a month (at best). Today we have e-broadcasts that can be sent on a weekly basis (typically for minimal cost).
• In the past, we bought outdoor advertising (ouch! I used to spend $10K a month on 1 billboard in Boston). Today, we have online and social media ads for 1/100 of the cost.
• In the past, we ran commercials on local TV or radio stations for thousands of dollars (plus production, if you wanted something of quality). Today we can post a Facebook Live or YouTube discussion or procedure for $0.
• In the past, we attended many time-consuming networking events, cocktail parties, and charity events. Today we engage on social media utilizing the power of Facebook, LinkedIn and many other social networks.
• In the past, we worked hard to get speaking engagements for local groups (garden club, country club, rotary, etc). Today we send tweets, Instagram posts, and other messages to our audiences online.
This list is endless, but clearly everyone can see that the digital marketing allows us to communicate our message much more effectively, timely, and cost-effective than we ever have in the past. Ready to join the digital marketing world or upgrade your marketing efforts? Contact the experts at Acara Partners today!