In a previous post, we touched upon the importance of adding video to your digital brand arsenal. We’d like to reiterate the potential for video as a catalyst to the brand awareness of your business. According to Forbes, a survey conducted last year found that Americans attention span when browsing online is on average just eight seconds. This is where video-based advertising has an advantage – it captures and retains your audience’s attention from start to finish. There is a far greater chance that a potential client will view a video without redirection of attention versus skimming over yet another wall of text.
The data seems to support the case for video, courtesy of Forbes: the average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. Not impressed yet? Landing pages with video have up to 800% more conversion than the same page without a video. Another eye-catching statistic – with video chances of getting a page one listing on Google increase 53 times! The usage of video continues to bolster its case. Did you know that one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words? That translates to endless hours of creating written content to deliver the same message that video can convey in a fraction of the time. Now is the time to invest in video production, even if it means requires a diversion of efforts for written content creation.
We’ll close this post by outlining five types of videos that your company should begin with:
- Brand documentary – cut through the misconceptions and assumptions to tell the company story, with employee or client testimonials for a personal touch.
- How-to video – a video depicting how to use a product or service, or highlight and emerging product/service offering.
- Expert video – an informational video to address common customer questions and concerns to differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Promotional – upcoming events, products, with the charm of a story to kindle your audience’s interest.
- Demo – a tutorial that walks a customer through product or service process.
If you’d like to learn more about the potential video has to offer, or inquire about Acara’s video services, call today for a free consultation at 203-488-0028.