Planning… boring, unsophisticated, nerdy, so yesterday, right? . . . Wrong! Without a plan how do you know where you’re going. Without a plan you are very likely to waste valuable time, energy and money.
It’s almost 2009 and if you don’t have a marketing and promotions plan yet – WAKE UP! Get going, because this is no time for snoozing on the job. Speaking of jobs, with the economy still in a tenuous situation, this is no time to be asleep while your competition sneaks up and whispers in your client’s ears. Work harder than you ever have – if not, there’s someone else ready to take your place; actually there are probably 2 or 3 people ready and able to take your place.
Back to the planning — if you need some guidance, then follow these steps for medical spa / aesthetic practice marketing success:
- Vision & Mission: Why, What, Who, How and Where?
- Brand: What do your stakeholders say, think and believe about your med spa or practice?
- Customer: Who Your Primary Target Audience? Age, Sex, Geography, Income, etc…
- Competition: Perform a Competitive Analysis and Secret Shop Your Top Competitors.
- Trends: Uncover Service and Product Trends and Decide what to Incorporate and what to Drop.
- SWOT: Understand your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats.
- USP – Unique Selling Position: What makes you better than your competition? If you only work on one thing – this would be it! You have to know why your med spa or aesthetic practice over your competitors.
- Marketing Strategy: Positioning, Pricing, Promotions and Advertising.
- Marketing Budget: Determine what you need to accomplish your sales goals.
This is a lot of work – but it’s worth it. It may be the difference between ringing in 2010 or not.