The other day I was inspired by a Medical Spa Manager, Erin Russell, who manages the Med Spa at WellQuest, one of our clients. She called up our VP of Spa Operations to say that she thought the upcoming month’s sales projections were too low! Now understand that Erin exceeded her budget goals for the past two months and clearly expects that she will continue with this trend.
That led me to contemplate: what are the top attributes of a great Medical Spa Manager? It was at that point that I sat down and wrote my list of top 10. Now understand, over the past 25 years in this business I have had over 200 managers at locations that I either owned or operated or both, so clearly I’ve seen the good, the bad and everything in between.
Ok, so here we go- FXA’s Top 10 Attributes of a Successful Medical Spa Manager:
- Embraces a service culture and promotes it throughout the organization.
- Intuitively understands that selling is all about identifying client problems and concerns and offering the best possible solutions.
- Is a smart doer: is able to “do” the job today just like yesterday but even better.
- Maintains a positive attitude even during times of adversity.
- Manages their time wisely, minimizing their office time especially when clients are in the spa.
- Understands their role as “Medical Maitre d’”: the person who welcomes the clients and insures that they are comfortable and well taken care of throughout their visit.
- Is challenged by company goals and leads their team to success by setting individual and team goals, monitoring the goals and rewarding achievement.
- Coaches, mentors and inspires the team to model their behaviors thus leading them to greater success.
- Enjoys community involvement and is comfortable with group events and presentations.
- Is a great listener.